Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 9 of Workouts and stepping it up!

So, on the suggestion of someone's opinion I value very much, I've decided to step the workouts up a notch!
Here's what I did:
Set 1:
1 ab circuit 6 reps
20 girl push ups
1 set of lunges 10 reps
6 regular push ups
25 crunches

Set 2:
1 ab circuit 6 reps
20 girl push ups
1 set of lunges 10 reps
6 regular push ups
25 crunches

Cardio:
4 minutes at 2 MPH
11 minutes at 3 MPH

Sweet jesus, this work out plan does it! I'm sweating my butt off, and only after the 2 sets of non cardio!
Not to mention, I'm actually out of breath for a change!
Takes me about 10-12 minutes to do each set, and I have a 5 minute break between them!
I think I found my thing!
But I'm also afraid that I don't know if I can do this rigourous of a workout 3 days a week.
Guess I'll find out on Wednesday!
Darvish pitching made treadmill time go quickly!
Also, holy crap, I've got stretch marks, I didn't have those a couple of weeks ago, anyone got suggestions on how to make them disappear? Very unsexy hahahaha
I think I'll probably be sore tomorrow, but its alright.. my legs are already feeling better on the treadmill!
Oh, damn, the Rangers just lost another spring training game.
Well, guess thats it for today, off to finish cooking fajitas for supper!
Yum!

Amanda Ellen

10 comments:

  1. Ok didn't know you were doing crunches along with the ab circuit haha! Now that you have found what seems to work, you can really start customizing it. You can just take all the reps down a bit so you don't have to cut out a day, or alternate other stuff. We can talk more in depth about it. Stretch marks! Wow, alraedy? Haha! Keep your skin very moisturized and keep drinking the water. I've heard Vitamin E helps, either supplements or cream. There's not a ton you can do about them though, from everything I've ever known. I've heard keeping very hydrated and moisturized is very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that Vitamin E gel helped tons on a road rash scar I had years ago... But hey, maybe this means I'm really fat, I've always heard that fat burns off faster on fat people..lol I think my friend who has like 3 kids used a lotion for her stretch marks... I'll take a look tomorrow. Yeah, I do crunches too because stomach fat is my biggest battle, and its my main focus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cardio is what will decrease fat. Ab circuits and crunches tone the muscles and assist with fat burning, but cardio is what does it, which you're doing a lot of, especially since your heart rate is going up doing the lunges and what not. I'm just so glad you're seeing results already! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its the small things, doesn't take much to give me faith... If I'm excited about curves and stretch marks, can you imagine what I'll be like when I actually go down a size? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems as though going down a size isn't far off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not going to hold my breath, because if I did the anticipation would kill me! I can say this, I'm filling my current size out nicely... my ass actually fills out my jeans now! hahahaha or so I've been told... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, the shape of one's ass most definitely changes in a very good way when working the lower body on a regular basis. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I'm loving it, I've always been very ass oriented when it comes to my body, happy to see it taking a nice shape :) I also have to say that even if I do get my stomach flat, or at least not so round, I don't think I'll ever wear anything that shows it lol! I am so embarrassed and sensitive about my stomach :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am too. I won't show it off because frankly I'm a bit too old for that haha, and also because of the constant weight fluctuations my whole life, the skin is damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I've got scars all over the place, and I have to wonder if the stretch marks will ever be gone.. just another reason to keep it covered.. no bikinis or belly shirts for me.. even if I do have my belly button pierced lol

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but don't take advantage of no captias or needing to be approved. If you do I'll have to change :)