Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 8 of workouts, and yay its Friday?

So, its Friday, and I just finished my workouts.
Working out is the only that has kept me sane this week. I was supposed to be on spring break, but instead I spent the week working on major projects.
Thats another story in its self, and this a work out blog!
I will note that I didn't do dance cardio today because I'm trying to figure out what contributed to my massive cramps on Monday, yoga or the dance cardio.
So, I cut them both out for this week, and I'll add 1 back next week, and if all goes well I'll add the other back the week after that.
So, here's what I did today:
1 ab circuit (6 reps)
25 girl push ups
25 crunches
7 regular push ups
4 minutes at 2 mph on the treadmill
11 minutes at 3 mph on the treadmill
Really feeling the burn today, I'm noticing a slight increase in my upper body strength, but really its just very slight. I'm not sure I'd notice if I wasn't being fully aware of my body during workouts.
It feels really good to be able to do my full work out these last couple of days, but honestly, I'm not seeing much increasing much but my ab circuit and crunches next week.
I think I can increase my cardio by a minute, but its really about building endurance, which I have little of at the moment. :) I did notice that doing 11 minutes on 3 MPH today didn't even cause me to break a sweat, or make me out of breath. My legs on the other hand seemed to wear out quickly today. So, I'm hoping by next Wednesday that I can tack on another minute to my 3 MPH time.
Lady GaGa makes my treadmill time much more pleasurable, I almost want to dance on the treadmill hahahaha. I tried listening to baseball today while on the treadmill, and I think that could make treadmill time better when it goes to regular season games, this spring trining mess does not capture my attention all that much :).
I know this might be all in my head, but I think I'm noticing a definition in the curve from my rib cage to my hips.
Like I said, this is probably me wanting to see some difference, but all the same, it makes me feel good :)

So, thats it for Friday, I've now done over 1 total week of working out, not counting the off days :)
Time to relax,
Amanda Ellen

4 comments:

  1. You might very well be noticing a difference in the curve between your rib cage and hips. That ab circuit you are doing is intensive and so much more than just sit-ups or crunches. You are working the sides of your abs and also the muscles that twist into your back, so it makes sense that the curve of your waist is tightening up and therefore getting more defined.

    Reading about the burn in your legs makes me think about some sort of strength training for your leg muscles. I'm going to think about this, what to do with no equipment. Lunges…squats…hmmm…calf raises…yeah…hmmm.

    Oh and as usual, woooooooooo hooooooooo, keep up the good work hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the wheels in your brain turning! Thanks for making me not feel so crazy about the more curvy my rib cage to hip is lol. Yeah, I probably need a workout to strengthen my legs, they just don't want to hold up to long times on the treadmill.. its mostly my calves that get tired. My hammies don't really ever bother me, but I do stretch them good after workouts.
    I need to find something really good to stretch the calf muscles, they have always been my weak point, next to my ankles. Suprisingly enough, my ankles haven't given me a peep of trouble. This makes me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flexing the foot and pointing the toes are good stretches for the calves, just be careful as they can cramp haha. You can strengthen the calves by coming up on your toes and lowering back down again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Thanks! These are things I'll try while being idle, they sound simple enough

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but don't take advantage of no captias or needing to be approved. If you do I'll have to change :)